This year, the Burlington Chamber of Commerce is pleased to recognize 8 Burlington high school students with scholarship awards to help support them as they continue their studies at a Canadian college or university.
Each year, the Chamber recognizes the next generation of future business leaders based on their achievement and involvement in extracurriculars, volunteer activities and academic studies. This endowment is awarded through the Burlington Chamber Scholarship Fund of the Burlington Community Foundation.
All students awarded must be furthering their studies at a Canadian college or university. The Burlington Chamber of Commerce contributes to all eight high schools in Burlington and representatives from each school select a student to receive $1,000 for costs incurred related to their on-going post-secondary education.
“We are pleased to continue our tradition of celebrating excellence and recognizing the future generation of community leaders in Burlington. By providing scholarship assistance, we are able to support deserving students as they further their education and develop leadership skills,” said President and CEO, Carla Y. Nell.
Please join us in congratulating the 2021 Business Scholarship recipients:
- Aldershot High School, Samantha Heino
- Assumption Catholic High School, Makenzie Shirley
- Burlington Central High School, Kira Hatanaka
- Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary High School, Esha Dyal
- Frank J. Hayden Secondary School, Daniel Nixon
- M.M. Robinson High School, Jessica Wiseman
- Nelson High School, Murad Noormohamed
- Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School, Zachary Couldrey
We wish this accomplished group of students all the best as they continue to pursue their interest in business related studies.
Director, Stakeholder Relations and Policy