City of Burlington
- Population: 164,415 (2006 census)
- Private dwellings: 65,340
- Area: 185.74 square kilometres
- Population density: 885.2 persons per sq. km.
- Map of Burlington - a link to the City of Burlington's online mapping service
- Mayor: Marianne Meed Ward
- Primary Industries: financial services, process automation, software, metal finishing
- Burlington residents have the fifth highest average income in Canada.
City of Burlington - home page of the City of Burlington
Purchasing Bid Opportunities - City of Burlington - a listing of city bid opportunities
BizPal - Business Permits and Licences
Engineering Tender Opportunities - City of Burlington - a listing of city tendering opportunities within the development & infrastructure division
Burlington Online Services - interactive mapping, pay parking tickets, licenses, permits, its all here
Development Charges - a listing of Burlington development charges
Waterfront Project - details of Burlington's downtown waterfront project
Physicians Lists - Burlington Physicians who are accepting patients
DID YOU KNOW?
Burlington is an Intelligent Community. In 2006 and 2007, Burlington was named one of the Intelligent Community Forum's Smart 21 communities.
Each year Burlington hosts the Burlington Sound of Music Festival one of the top 50 festivals in Ontario and Canada's largest Ribfest.
Burlington is one of the few cities in the province that operates under two local levels of government: municipal and regional.
There are only two cities in Canada that have a "magnetic hill"; Moncton (NB) and Burlington.
Burlington was originally settled by Joseph Brant in 1798. In 1873 it became the village of Burlington. It was incorporated as the City of Burlington in 1974.
Some of the major roads in Burlington fall under the jurisdiction of the Region of Halton. Here is a map of the regional roads in Burlington.