We’re Hiring! Office Manager / Executive Assistant
The Burlington Chamber of Commerce (BCC) is an independent business association that is the voice for Burlington businesses. We provide resources, connections, and guidance to elevate Burlington — uniting the businesses that shape it. Burlington businesses find success through the Chamber of Commerce. Whether it’s solving business challenges or capturing new opportunities, the Chamber of Commerce is a community that attracts smart business people eager to share their experience. The Chamber is the voice of business in Burlington and advocates at the local, regional, provincial, and federal levels on behalf of 900 companies representing 30,000 employees.
For more than 70 years, the BCC has been the trusted advocate and tireless champion for local businesses. With a long-standing reputation for excellence and leadership, BCC continually generates opportunities to connect people by bringing life to business. Doing so provides a vehicle for success for its members and the future of Burlington’s business community.
The Burlington Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Office Manager/Executive Assistant to join our team. As Office Manager/Executive Assistant, you’ll collaborate with our team, vendors, and BBC members to provide strong administrative support and customer service. You will oversee the day-to-day administration and operation of the Chamber of Commerce, its premises, assets and resources to assure a smooth and efficient operation. It’s an exciting role with a lot of opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, compile, and distribute Board of Director and Committee meeting materials
- Manage the document services portfolio (Certificates of Origin)
- Actively manage our CRM strategy and database
- Schedule member engagement meetings with the CEO, EVP and Account Development Manager
- Engage businesses by phone and online communications to drive revenue. This includes encouraging event attendance, membership renewal or sponsorship
- Provide frontline customer service to clients via phone, email or in-person and other miscellaneous tasks
Who we’re looking for:
Our Office Manager will come to us, ideally, with 2 or more years of experience in administration and operations in a similar role but will consider a recent Business School graduate. We’re looking for a digitally savvy, energetic team member that can bring fresh new thinking to our processes. You might not be able to do everything, but with a strong foundation in project management, problem-solving, relationship-building and digital competencies, you have what it takes to learn.
If you have the following assets, skills and experiences, this is the position for you.
- Experience in engaging Business-to-Business (B2B) and C-suite personnel
- Professional demeanor with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solutions-oriented and innovative approach to tasks
- Preparing management reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Digitally savvy and at ease working with business software applications
- Familiarity with CRM systems
- Project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage shifting priorities, and a fragmented workday.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours from time to time
Why join our team?
This is the perfect position for someone who doesn’t want to be put in a box. You will have variety when it comes to daily tasks, giving you the chance to learn new skills and drive your own development. In addition, working with the Burlington Chamber of Commerce means working with Burlington’s best. With this comes the opportunity to build relationships and learn from the business leaders and influencers who shape our community. Above all else, you’re a self-starter who can take ideas and run with them. When things fail, we learn from them as a team and together we bounce back. We’re looking for humble, sharp, and digitally savvy folks to join the BBOT team.
You will also receive:
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Remote work flexibility
Sound like a fit?
If this sounds like the job for you, apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re a close-knit team, so don’t be afraid to show your personality and have fun with your application. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion; The Burlington Chamber of Commerce embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We view diversity in backgrounds, identities, and perspectives as a vital part of our success. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities (or people of all abilities).
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.